Railroad19 via Stack Overflow
Fort Lee, NJ
Jun 3rd 2018
At Railroad19, we develop customized software solutions and provide software development services. We are currently seeking aDevOps Engineer who will work with developers to manage and deploy code to QA and Production environments, which support the Media Asset Management (MAM) systems that are in use within multiple operational groups for the organization. They will play a pivotal role in input in defining development/engineering practices that are used by the Workflow Engineering teams.
This role is a key leadership position and requires an individual capable of managing large-scale software engineering initiatives for multibillion dollar business unit.
As a Railroad19 employee, you will be part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. Our headquarters is in Saratoga Springs, New York, but this position is required for you to be in the office in Englewood Cliffs/ Fort Lee, NJ.Therefore, for ease and quickness of commute, we would prefer individuals who live near the tri-state area and can travel to Englewood/Fort Lee, NJ daily. Remote options may be available for the right candidate. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
~NO AGENCIES PLEASE~
- Core team member on the Media Workflow Engineering team, focusing on media asset management and file-based workflows.
- Create deployment packages and deploy to Test, QA and Production environment.
- Work with support team to schedule deployment to various environments.
- Configure Test, QA and Production environments with proper packages and dependencies to enable development.
- Perform system administration activities.
- Manage and maintain the development/software repositories across all systems
- Perform upgrades/apply fixes on open source software and in-house developed software.
- Provide 24x7 L2 support on open source software and in house developed software.
- Perform application debugging, troubleshooting and escalate issues to appropriate team.
- Identify automation opportunities within development and support teams and develop appropriate scripts.
- Implement application monitoring system.
- Perform systems & applications usage, metrics and trend analysis reports.
- Support unit, volume, security, network, redundancy and overall system testing.
- Train L1 support team on supporting in-house customized application.
- Work with support team to create support documentation and keeping Wiki up to date.
- Any assigned duties.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of software architecture grounded in a minimum of 4 years of software development and/or configuration experience using scripting languages.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in DevOps roles or similar responsibilities.
- Minimum 5 years working with IT systems, with a solid understanding of network protocols and standards (e.g. DNS, TCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH).
- Experience administering and managing a GNU/Linux environment for development, including package management and basic system administration.