Oddball.io via We Work Remotely
Jun 6th 2018
Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. Work life balance is important to us, and not something we just pay lip service to. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to all our clients.
We are hiring for a Devops engineer to manage and deal with a site that makes a positive impact on millions of Americans' daily lives. As an early hire on a small team, you'll have a huge stake in what we build and how we work.
Our engineering team is small, distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you'll be able to work interruption-free.
You can expect top-of-the-market pay, flexible hours, and a balanced work week. We are a mixed remote and in office team, you're welcome to work out of our sunny Los Angeles office as much as you'd like.
What you'll be doing:
Working hand in hand with great devops engineers building out devops best practices in the federal space. This will include creating and document CI/CD jobs, creating infrastructure with terraform, writing ansible playbooks, and building tools.
We are looking for someone with the following skill set:
- In-depth experience with config management tools like: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack,
- The ability to create and support AWS environments
- Skill in developing and improving CI/CD scripts and services for development and deployment
- Desire and ability to mentor and train other engineers.
- Experience supporting web technologies and websites running Apache or NGINX
- Experience with Linux operating systems including installing, configuring and troubleshooting
- Experience in SQL architecture such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or MS-SQ
Salary for this position is competitive, with a range of 110-130K DOE
Must be located in the US
To apply: Please submit resume to the direct job link on https://oddball.io/jobs