Nov 12th 2018
At BuzzSumo, we have a simple goal: to provide social insights on what content is resonating with their audience. We run extensive crawlers that crawl the entire web 24/7, storing terabytes of data that need to be indexed, processed and queried.
Our SaaS product is used by over 3400 customers, ranging from publishers like BuzzFeed to Fortune 500 brands like Disney. We are looking for a devops engineer with experience in Elasticsearch, and distributed systems. We are a remote team, mostly based in the UK and US.
What you'll be doing:
- Monitor our Elasticsearch clusters, Postgres databases, and other systems in production.
- Perform upgrades on existing Elasticsearch infrastructure
- Refactor existing Elasticsearch queries (we use Ruby) as we upgrade infrastructure.
- Recommend and implement ways to improve uptime, and performance
- Monthly tasks like provisioning new servers, adding new nodes and databases.
- Experience distributed systems
Nice to Have:
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails