Density via Stack Overflow
San Francisco, CA
Dec 20th 2018
When someone installs Density in a location, they get access to real time, accurate people count. Our API is the foundational component that customers rely on when integrating and interacting with our data. Making people-count data highly available, in a real-time setting, means all underlying systems must be continuously operational and ready to scale at a moment's notice.
We're looking for an engineer to take the helm of our infrastructure and grow it to handle the needs of our product. This means playing a large role in both the hardware and software teams, crafting the deployment, orchestration, and management systems to power Density.
While Density is a remote-friendly company, we have offices in San Francisco, New York City, and Syracuse, NY.
This position reports to Density's Head of Product.
Skills & Requirements
Here's what we're looking for:
- Strong writing skills; ability to craft clear and concise documentation
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible, Chef, Puppet or an equivalent
- Experience with deployment orchestration using Nomad, Consul, and Docker
- Knowledge of the AWS stack
- Ability to design and manage CI / CD pipelines (CircleCi)
- Strong grasp of modern Python development
- Experience with management of networking and VPNs
- Experience managing software change control and software review systems such as Gerrit
- Experience managing software releases across multiple git repositories
- Experience with relational, non-relational, and timeseries data stores
Icing on the cake:
- An academic background in Computer Science (BSc or MSc) or equivalent
- Experience building APIs and web applications (Django, Flask, Rails, etc)
- Familiar with software build systems such as CMake, Autotools, and Make
- Familiar with repo aggregators such as Android's git-repo