Axial via Stack Overflow
New York, NY
Aug 12th 2018
The DevOps team at Axial is committed to reduce time to market and improve availability through operational efficiency, automation, and process standardization. DevOps Engineers drive the technical direction for the infrastructure and service delivery platform. They work collaboratively with software engineering to automate and streamline our operations and build tools for infrastructure, deployment, logging and monitoring.
Axial has been referred to as the "Match.com for Mid-Market Corporate Finance." We help private companies confidentially raise capital or find a buyer through an online platform.
The Problems You'll Solve
Engineers at Axial solve difficult technical problems so our members don't have to. What you will be working on:
- Cloud Architecture - we are looking for someone to maintain and help improve our AWS infrastructure. We need someone who will take a look at what we have and determine if there is a better approach. This person will also need to keep up with latest devops tools and methods.
- Infrastructure Automation - we are committed to automating all infrastructure and code deployments. You will leverage open source software, AWS services, Ansible, and Jenkins to maintain this level of automation. We strive to have a fully automated and self healing infrastructure that is also scalable.
- Containers - We have made a big push to convert our existing infrastructure into a container based infrastructure. We are currently using Docker and Kubernetes to build out and manage all of our containers. We need someone who has experience working with docker to help us maintain our container infrastructure.
The Axial Engineering Team
We are a team of engineers dedicated to achieving excellence in every aspect and level of our system, from our automated build system to our API and unit tests, from our Python data-services to our increasingly modular front-ends. We aspire to build outstanding high performance software, so we focus on one thing at a time, one area at a time, one day at a time.
- Our slogan is “Factum non Verbum”, “Actions not Words”
- Predictability, simplicity and flexibility are our guide
- We aspire to (and usually do) ship every day
- We change our minds when we're proven wrong
You're an ideal candidate if you ...
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to various problems
- Enjoy reading documentation :)
- Experience with automation/configuration management such as Ansible
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (AWS is preferred)
- Experience using containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with SQL and Postgres
- Kubernetes experience a plus
- A working understanding of code (Bash, Python, Golang, JS)
- Experience with Continuous Integration solutions (Jenkins is preferred)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service