IRESS via Stack Overflow
Aug 4th 2018
IRESS is a principal global supplier of share market and wealth management systems producing innovative, sophisticated solutions. We provide solutions that help hundreds of thousands of people with life's big decisions– from getting a mortgage approval, planning for retirement, to trading on the stock exchange – things that make a real difference to people's lives and financial well-being. We began in 1993 as a small Australian tech start-up. Now we're a global team of over 1,750 brilliantly-minded people across five continents – and we're still growing. We're listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, with a strong financial track record and our continuous investment in product development and innovation is what keeps us ahead of the game.
About the role
The role purpose is to contribute to the design and development of software components within an agreed timeframe and defined quality standard. Resolve issues, defects and queries raised at any phase of development or production in a timely and professional manner. Conduct quality reviews of own deliverables and deliverables from peers and less experienced members of the development community.
- A working understanding of the financial services / wealth management industry in one or more of UK, Australia, NZ, South Africa, Singapore & Hong Kong
- Educated to technical degree level or equivalent experience
- Commercial experience of a project through the life cycle of development (SDLC) and into production
- Enthusiasm in using and learning latest web technologies
- An all-round web-developer – js modules, jQuery, Lodash, and SCSS should be your ‘bread-and-butter'
- Keen UI ‘feel' – understand that real people are using our systems, every pixel counts
- Knowledge of testing frameworks
- Knowledge and commercial experience of Oracle SQL / PL/SQL (v11.2 or later)
- Experience of WCF, Web Services and XML would be beneficial
What you'll bring to the team:
- Provide estimates on technical development tasks
- Mentor and coach more junior members of staff
- Support the client
- Build knowledge of IRESS development processes, protocols, methods and tools
We recognise and reward hard work and celebrate our successes over a Friday afternoon drink and at various socials throughout the year. We don't sweat the small stuff either, our dress code is as relaxed as we are. As well as local charity events and initiatives, we hold global days and activities to make the most of our global strength and diversity. This includes a yearly global hackathon! We may be one of the largest financial software providers, but we haven't forgotten our roots; we've kept the entrepreneurial spirit and agility that defined our early years - it's something we continue to look for and admire in our people.
Join us and be part of something amazing.
Think you've got what it takes? Apply now and a member of our team will be in touch.