Developer for perfomant progressive e-commerce website
Pit&Pit via Stack Overflow
Jun 6th 2018
Mission of our Frontend Developer
You develop the frontend multilingual e-commerce website of Pit&Pit for our staff in our warehouse and in our offices. You ensure optimal user convenience of our website for our customers. You create a blazing fast and solid code that is well-structured and documented.
Goals of our Firebase Developer
Within your first weeks, you understand our repositories and the concept of our code base. You know the structure and grasp the what's, where's and why's of our code. You know the code and understand the underlying parts and foundations. You know our focus points. You will build your first tested and user-ready part of our webshop or cloud function from scratch by using internal and external API's. You receive approval from the users or collegues and feel hungry for more.
Within the first months you will be able to elaborate a complete subproject, consisting of new and existing cloud functionalities, from idea to operational product. Throughout the process, you communicate efficiently with all stakeholders to ensure that the result meets the demands and goals of the project. You make suggestions to improve working conditions and tools so that everybody can work in a more efficient and enjoyable way.
On the longer term, you will learn to manage the entire code base. You give shape to the building tools and manage large parts of the frontend - and possible also backend - webapps. You can easily respond to the needs and demands of the team.
Skills and competencies
- Goal-driven - You are result-driven, focused, realistic and resourceful.
- Responsible - Most of the time you will work on your own. You have enough self-discipline to always go the extra mile for Pit&Pit. You don't need anybody who directs or motivates you.
- Persistent - You are motivated and have a heart for Pit&Pit. You are a go-getter. The possibilities in IT are endless: if you can explain it, you can program it. You love challenges.
- Energetic - You work hard, fast-paced, are vital and always want to go forward.
- Good judgement - You have your own opinion based on common sense and relevant criteria. You communicate your judgment in a clear manner and are willing to re-evaluate it if necessary.
- Vision - You are able to think ahead, you are aware of current market trends and new developments.
- Pragmatic - You do not like to work according to rigorous standard rules because 'that's the way everybody does it'. However, you work very orderly and structured. You dare to think out of the box: "everybody said it wasn't possible, until someone came who did not know that" (which was you).
- Innovative - Every day new, interesting projects and new opportunities pop up. An interest in new techniques is required in order to maintain the code of Pit&Pit efficient and up to date. New insights and chances energize the whole team. For this reason you have to be very efficient at putting the most suitable innovations in development into practice so that efficiency and stability are continuously improved.
- Experience with the consumption of microservices / API's
- Independent, responsible and accountable