Glitch via Jobspresso
Sep 25th 2018
We're looking for a Developer Advocate to join our team and help us grow the Glitch community.
You'll create high-quality, practical content that will help teach development teams how to get the most out of Glitch by highlighting best practices.
Through live-coding, creating starter projects and social media engagement, you'll help establish Glitch as the go-to place to try out new libraries, frameworks and APIs.
By building relationships and working with technology communities, you'll help them leverage Glitch through remixable example apps and embeds. And you'll connect their feedback with the Glitch product teams to ensure that we're creating a great developer experience.
Everyone involved in Glitch helps out with support as it makes sure we're keeping in touch with our end users. But our team takes the lead and helps make sure our customers are happy and we live up to our billing of ‘the friendly community.' By responding to topics on our forum, inbound emails and questions on social media, you'll help ensure our users are successful and have fun.
We're looking for people with:
- A friendly, engaging manner with experience networking and effectively building and maintaining working relationships.
- A broad technical understanding giving you the ability to convey technical topics to an educated, detail-oriented audience, in an authentic and unique way.
- Understanding of and experience in using APIs, both internal and 3rd party.
- An excellent command of English, including top-notch copy and long-form writing skills.
- Self-direction, you're happy to set and meet deadlines.
That being said, we'd be particularly delighted to hire someone who has:
- Knowledge of the developer tools ecosystem
- Comfortability editing images as well as video
- Comfortability speaking with small and large audiences about technical topics. Though speaking at events won't be a significant part of the role, some travel and public speaking may be required from time to time.
This position is based at our beautiful new office in Lower Manhattan, though we'll happily consider remote candidates as well. While our office is in New York City, about half of our employees are all over the US and the world. When you work at HQ, you'll be in a brand new office, carefully and thoughtfully designed to give each person both private and collaborative work spaces. You'll be part of a remote work culture where all of our meetings are online and apps and tools like Slack and Google Hangouts are the normal way to communicate. Remote workers never end up struggling to hear a meeting where everybody in the office forgot that someone was on the other end of a speakerphone.
We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is $90K to $115K and we look at factors like your experience to determine our offer, which comes with a comprehensive benefits package. We don't negotiate because we make our best possible offer up front—no games.