StayWell via Stack Overflow
Sep 28th 2018
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our technology, product, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at creating, consolidating and using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. Additionally, the candidate will lead a team of administrators and analysts to create and streamline data creation, retrieval and reporting goals. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. The candidate is also adept at creating corporate wide reporting and analysis using any and all telemetry data available. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create and verify integrity of large data sets (data lakes) to centralize management and reporting of data.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy. Creates and implements vision for the Information Systems team or similar to improve scalability, dependability and flexibility of data management environments.
- Manages data query requests related to Data Management to ensure the team handles these in an effective and efficient manner.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with business partners, vendors and IT teams.
- Uses the time reporting system; signing and reporting all exception time on a weekly basis. Completes other administrative tasks, such as T&E reporting or similar, in a timely manner.
- Performs responsibilities in a professional manner, meeting the Company's mission and goals.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years' experience with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- 1-3 years' experience with AWS Redshift ideal
- Experience with AWS RDS, Data Pipeline, Glue, and Quicksight ideal
- Experience with Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Education and/or Experience
4-6 years of experience manipulating data sets, has a Bachelor's or Master's Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.