RBW Consulting via Stack Overflow
Jun 11th 2018
Global Data and Analytics – Data Scientist
Global Data and Analytics – Director / Senior Data Scientist
Amsterdam, Schiphol-Rijk – The Netherlands or London - UK
This vacancy is being managed exclusively by RBW Consulting
Liberty Global is elevating the business intelligence and data asset capability across all business domains and operating countries as a pillar to improve business performance and better predict the business going forward. We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver better products, improve customer's experience and create technological advancement within the company . Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems.
Work with key internal stakeholders associated with new and existing business initiatives to understand and detail their business requirements
- Transform large, complex data sets into pragmatic, actionable insights.
- Apply state-of-the-art analytical methods like Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Neural Networking, Pattern Recognition, Recommendation algorithms to solve business problems and optimise outcomes.
- Research and develop approaches on how to improve business processes and improve customers' experience, by using our vast amounts of data.
- Conduct research and development activities, data exploration and discovery, develop prototypes, algorithms and proof of concepts, using leading data science and innovative Big Data solutions.
- Partner with data engineering teams to improve data as an asset of the business.
- Participate in detailed product analysis, customer segmentation, lifetime value analysis, base management, market mix modelling etc to drive insights, targeted strategies and communication.
- Develop internal A/B testing procedures to determine the effectives of different approaches.
- Build knowledge about existing and emerging technologies and techniques as appropriate to data science, and maintain a learning ethos.
- Build key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis.
- Build and analyse key dashboards and reports.
- The candidate should possess a degree in a quantitative field like Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operational Research (or comparable studies)
- 2+ years work experience
- Experience working within the Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Hive)
- Strong experience in statistical packages including R, Python(sckit-learn, pandas), etc
- Knowledge of mathematical and statistical model, in one or more of the following areas: logistic regression, pattern recognition, Neural Networks, Graph theory, machine learning approaches, optimisation routines, recommendation algorithms, predictive modelling.
- Experience in data presentation tools including D3, bokeh, Tableau, Qlik.
- Experience of using data to drive commercial and actionable insights for the business.
- Preferably, the candidate has experience in statistical models applied to telecommunication and media, such as network optimization and churn modelling
- A highly motivated a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision to complete assigned tasks.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- A constantly changing, fast moving, dynamic environment
- Flexible working required
- Work in an international and multicultural team
- Some travel through Europe is expected
This role is being managed exclusively by RBW Consulting.