Data Science Course Mentor
Thinkful Inc. via Stack Overflow
Mar 7th 2019
Thinkful's Flexible Data Science course pairs personalized mentorship with a curriculum tailored to launch aspiring data scientists' careers. Join us in helping motivated learners get to those aha! moments. As a Flexible Data Science Course Mentor, you will help your student(s) master everything from fundamental statistics to building a machine learning model in their domain of choice.
- Motivate & foster best practices with your student(s) as they work to build project management skills, a strong portfolio, and the confidence to network and interview for jobs.
- Work with Program Managers to provide detailed feedback on student success, including struggles or technical mastery issues.
- Meet one-on-one with your student(s) in hour-long sessions, held twice per week.
- Minimum of 1 year professional experience as a Data Scientist or demonstrated expertise with data visualizations and machine learning at an industry level
- Proficiency in SQL, Python
- Professional experience with Hadoop and Spark a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High level of empathy and people management skills
- Must have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection
- This is a part-time role (10-25 hours a week)
- Fully remote position, with the option to work evenings and weekends in person in 22 US cities
- Community of 500+ like-minded Educators looking to impact others and keep their skills sharp
- Full access to all of Thinkful Courses for your continued learning
- Grow as an Educator