Data Science Course Mentor
Thinkful Inc. via Stack Overflow
Nov 7th 2018
Thinkful's Flexible Data Science course pairs personalized mentorship with a curriculum tailored to launch aspiring data scientists' careers. Join us in helping motivated learners get to those aha! moments. As a Flexible Data Science Course Mentor, you will help your student(s) master everything from fundamental statistics to building a machine learning model in their domain of choice.
- Motivate & foster best practices with your student(s) as they work to build project management skills, a strong portfolio, and the confidence to network and interview for jobs.
- Work with Program Managers to provide detailed feedback on student success, including struggles or technical mastery issues.
- Meet one-on-one with your student(s) in hour-long sessions, held twice per week.
- Minimum of 1 year professional experience as a Data Scientist or demonstrated expertise with data visualizations and machine learning at an industry level
- Proficiency in SQL, Python
- Professional experience with Hadoop and Spark a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High level of empathy and people management skills
- Must have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection
Terms of Employment
- This is a part-time, contract role; length of contract depends on performance and mutual interest
- Remote position, with the option to work evenings and weekends when Thinkful students are active.
- 3 hours per week minimum