Lynx Analytics via Stack Overflow
Jul 31st 2018
Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: Multiple Location (Amsterdam / Dusseldorf / Budapest)
(If not onsite, travelling is needed within EU)
About the company
Founded in 2010, Lynx Analytics is a predictive analytics company run by world-class quantitative marketing scientists and industry-experienced data scientists. Our focus is on solving big challenges primarily through the deployment of our proprietary big graph analytics platform, which is based on a powerful Hadoop and Apache Spark back-end.
We are headquartered in Singapore and we also have operations in Hong Kong, USA, Hungary, Indonesia, and in several other Southeast Asian countries. Our clients include some of Asia's largest telecommunication companies and banks, and we are currently expanding geographically and into other industry verticals. Our teams' qualifications are global, including Professors, PhDs, MSc's, and MBAs from Ivy League schools, INSEAD and NUS, as well as experience at other start-ups and blue-chip companies (Google, Palantir, SAP, Vodafone, Barclays, GE, Morgan Stanley, to name but a few). It is the combination of our industry insight and experience, scalable proprietary technology, and highly qualified people that makes up Lynx's compelling value proposition.
Lynx Analytics' technology is already deployed across the region at various clients and there is significant growth potential for the company, as well as numerous career opportunities as we scale up our operations.
Lynx Analytics is looking for a Software Engineer to work on automating and productizing advanced big data transformation and analytics pipelines. You would be working with standard big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, etc) as well as our proprietary big graph analysis framework. The ideal candidate would be someone with onsite B2B experience while dealing with enterprise technology deployment. He/she should be able to liaise with internal technology teams and work in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Strong programming skills
- Solid knowledge of Python and Java (or better yet, Scala)
- Good understanding of the Linux operating system including basic sysadmin and shell scripting abilities
- Experience in project delivery in a B2B setting
- Good problem solving skills
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in Big Data
- Experience in data science or analytics
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on innovative, bleeding edge data science methodology using our state of the art, in-house big graph tool
- Work closely with the developers of the (big graph) tool you will be using
- Be a member of a very strong team with mathematicians, ex-Googlers, Ivy league professors, INSEAD alumni business people and telco industry experts
- Startup atmosphere
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for employees
- Opportunity to travel (South East Asia, US, Europe, ...)
- Flexible working hours, family-friendly workplace