Automattic via Stack Overflow
Oct 10th 2018
You'll work with business leads, analysts, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data-powered products that empower better decision making. You're committed to data quality. You'll understand how to manage a cluster to deliver performance and reliability. You'll evaluate and help to craft technology choices, and you'll implement systems that tackle business use cases.
What we're looking for:
- Hands-on, production experience with the Hadoop family of big data technologies (Hive, Impala, HBase, etc.).
- Collaboration with business partners to craft and iterate on solutions that extract value from data.
- Experience with Spark, Python, and Java.
- Strong analytical skills and a fervor for data integrity and accessibility.
- The curiosity and determination to understand and improve data flows.
We're serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY
If you're reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.