Cotiviti Labs Functional Programming Developer
Cotiviti via Stack Overflow
Oct 6th 2018
Developers with the Cotiviti Labs team are responsible for working with a global team of medical doctors and business experts to create break-through solutions for incredibly difficult problems. We use a combination of innovative and proven technologies game-changing solutions. In 2017, we found $3.2B in savings for our clients in 2017 to spend on better health care for their members.
We use a combination of innovative and proven technologies to put game-changing solutions into production as quickly as possible. Our solutions are scalable, elastic, concurrent, parallel, and deliver results to our clients in real-time. We are a functional programming shop but are willing to use the best technologies to get into production quickly. Our DevOps team members have created a sophisticated ChatOps infrastructure that supports everything from deployments, to releases, to provisioning new clients. Our continuous integration and build facilities are world class.
- A burning desire to see your work in production
- A passion for and experience with functional programming languages (Scala, Haskell, Erlang, Clojure, Java 8)
- Experience with Scalaz/Cats is a plus
- Purescript/Elm/Ghcjs is a plus
- A passion for and experience with concurrent and parallel development
- A deep understanding of Reactive Architectures
- Desire and passion to learn new concepts and software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong mathematical skills
- Professional with ability to properly handle confidential information
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- We are a diverse, multi-cultural global team so you must have excellent written and verbal English skills. Fluency in Hindi, Russian, or Telegu is a plus.
- 3+ years' experience in advanced development environments delivering production solutions
- Degree in computer science (Masters degree is a plus)
- 95% or higher on our online Scala coding test.
- Creativity and critical thinking
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a team
- Must be able to sit and use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- After hours/weekend work required where necessary for major deliverables/deadlines (not consistent)
- Must have flexibility and willingness to participate in the work processes of an international organization, including conference calls scheduled to accommodate global time zones.
- Mastery of Cards Against Humanity