Content Marketing Professional for an Electric Bike Company
EVELO Electric Bicycle Company via We Work Remotely
Aug 2nd 2018
Headquarters: Seattle, WA
A small but ambitious team is looking for an awesome content marketing professional to help grow existing earned and owned media efforts.
Does this sound like you:
- Do you have an interest in transportation, technology and ways that can get more people to have a more active lifestyle?
- Do you love writing in all shapes and forms and know how to get people's attention?
- Do you have a couple of years experience working in the content marketing, SEO and/or PR fields under your belt?
- Do you enjoy helping people, solving problems and working as a small, close-knit start-up team where your contributions are valued, appreciated and make an impact?
If the answer is yes, then by all means - keep reading!
=== Who We Are ===
We are EVELO (www.evelo.com), a Seattle-based electric bicycle company that is focused on developing ways to make it easier for people of all ages and fitness levels to lead a more active, healthy lifestyle.
Our headquarters are based in Seattle, although most of our team works remotely from all over the U.S. - including New York, Boston and the Midwest.
We are looking for bright, ambitious individuals who want a job with direct impact and responsibility to join our team. Great work environment, competitive salary, up to 4 weeks of paid vacation, and stock options.
=== What's The Job? ===
The position we're hiring for is: Content Marketing Manager
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Developing and marketing content - identifying relevant topics, creating the content from scratch, and proactively working to get it maximum exposure. Most of the content would be oriented around cycling, transportation, cities, health, fitness, aging and startups.
- Collaborating with journalists - developing and pitching story ideas; proactively seeking out opportunities to get the brand in the conversation about transportation, health, cycling and other topics; nurturing relationships with reporters in the sector.
- Putting together and continually improving website and email copy, as well as writing copy for new landing pages, promotional email campaigns, etc.
- Tying all content development and marketing efforts with SEO - much of your work will play an impact on our overall SEO efforts, so you'll be expected to gain a full understanding of our SEO positions and leverage your content marketing efforts to improving them.
=== Who You Are ===
We're looking for people who are:
- Communicative, enthusiastic and want to get your hands dirty - we are a small team and are looking for individuals who are willing to wear more than one hat and do what's necessary to get the job done.
- Have prior experience in any of these fields is quite helpful: SEO, PR outreach, content marketing.
- Feel comfortable with doing outreach - whether to journalists, bloggers, or other websites - to get further exposure for your content.
- Possess a data-driven mindset: you understand that content is only as valuable as our ability to get people to pay attention to it, so you are also willing to pay attention to the data and tweak your approach consistently.
- Enjoy working remotely and have the ability to set and meet deadlines. Likewise, experience working remotely with tools like Slack, Skype, Google Analytics, Klaviyo & Wordpress is helpful
You need to love what you do, have opinions, work well in a team, and get excited about marketing & growth.
Bonus: a great sense of design & UX, and enough to be dangerous with HTML/CSS.
=== Benefits ===
Equity after 1 year with the company.
Work in a meaningful industry at a company that improves the lives of their customers.
To apply: Please apply only at https://evelo.workable.com/jobs/784104/candidates/new