Content Marketing Lead
Canva via Jobspresso
Anywhere in Germany
Jan 23rd 2019
At Canva, we work every day to make a significant, positive impact on society. Our mission is to democratize design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone. Launched just over 5 years ago, Canva provides an easy-to-use online graphic design tool that is used by more than 10 million people across the world. Canva is currently one of Australia's hottest technology startups and has been ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
About the team
Content Marketing has had proven success at Canva: our English language blog has over 1.5 million monthly readers. We are looking to replicate this strategy in the German market. You'll be working with experienced content marketers and SEO specialists who are keen to support the growth of the Canva blog in Germany. You'll be working remotely, and will be establishing a roster of freelance writers to contribute to the blog.
About the role
Canva's entire vision revolves around “empowering the world to design”, and we're looking to bring this strategy to our German market.
As a Content Marketing lead for Canva Germany, it's your mission to establish the Canva Germany blog as the place to go for information on design and marketing in Germany. You'll be using SEO research to create a content strategy, with the aim of bringing significant traffic to the blog. You'll be commissioning articles from freelance writers, and you'll be writing your own content. You'll be managing a publishing calendar, and curating visual content for the blog.
This is a 12 month contract position with the possibility of extension.
What you'll do…
- Create a content strategy based on SEO research and iterating on the strategy based on proven successes
- Publish 5 articles per week, establishing the Canva blog as the destination to learn about graphic design and marketing in Germany
- Communicatewith freelance writers and the Canva team in a timely manner
- Be a champion of the Canva tone of voice and brand identity
- Grow the blog audience and creating a dedicated readership.
You'll love this job if…
- You enjoy creating SEO-focused content strategies, keeping the big picture in mind while also coming up with specific story ideas and briefs
- You are highly organized and methodical. You have an eye for detail, and are a skilled editor.
- You have a passion for writing long-form articles that educate, inspire and inform your audience. You know how to use voice and tone.
- You're committed to using your content marketing skills to grow a business.
- You like a strategic approach, rather than just churning out content for the sake of it. We're focussed on content with impact.
- You are able to develop content quickly and strategically.
- You are comfortable working with a remote team, while maintaining a collaborative approach and keeping the lines of communication open.
What we look for…
- Fluent in German and great English language skills
- At least 4 years professional content marketing experience
- Proven understanding of digital marketing specifically in relation to blog content and content strategy
- Proven ability to write compelling headlines and error-free copy
- Strong editorial judgement
- Strong understanding of SEO
- Very collaborative and solution focused approach
- Passionate about great content and how it contributes to user experience and enables the growth of the product
- Good understanding of SEO
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and well organized
- Should be based in Germany
What you'll learn
- The growth mindset that has allowed Canva to reach 10 million monthly active users
- How to analyse data in order to measure the impact of your content
- How to experiment with different approaches, to see what is most effective. We pride ourselves on being agile and flexible
- The inner workings of a fast growing startup
Being a force for good
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that's good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.