Community Support Manager
Depop via Jobspresso
US Pacific Time Zone
Jan 28th 2019
Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 12M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to empower creative minds by making our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 100 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we're just getting started.
We're looking for a Community Support Manager to remotely lead and manage a core team of 10 support agents in the UK and US. The aim is to continue delivering the highest quality service to our Depop user community.
Each day, our Community Support team protects Depop and its users by mediating disputes, investigating fraud, answering any queries and educating its thriving community.
Reporting to the Head of Community Support you will have the opportunity to utilise and develop your team management skills within a hard-working and dynamic environment.
Depop are proud to have one of the most loyal and engaged communities in the digital world, so we're looking for someone who shares our passion for delivering the best experience any user could ask for.
- Responsible for the overall performance and success of your Support team, whilst delivering feedback and managing performance in a confident and positive manner
- Maintaining high standards of experience throughout the user journey
- Track and review internal metrics that measure the success and performance of the user experience, taking action to ensure the team deliver at the highest level
- Working with our outsourced team on a daily basis to ensure targets are consistently aligned and met
- Quality checking all outgoing responses both on social systems and Zendesk, to align with the Depop tone of voice
- Day to day management of large Support team, ensuring productivity and targets are met and delivered with the highest of standards.
- Strong experience with Zendesk, or similar ticketing/user enquiry tool
- Be excellent at organising your own time, and comfortable working remotely
- Experience with data and insights, building custom reports and tracking progress/spotting opportunities and quickly acting on them
- Leadership experience in a fast paced and dynamic space
- Have proven experience of improving processes that has had a positive impact on user/customer experience
- Natural ability to motivate and develop direct reports and the team
- Be very comfortable with change
- An open and approachable leadership style
- Being super quick at picking up new processes and ability to learn on the fly
- Knowledge of Depop and a strong understanding of our community focus
The Must – haves
- A US citizenship
- Fluent written English
- The ability to be in interviews and training in LA
- Flexibility to work all days of the week – up to 37.5 hours over 5 shifts (mainly 9am-5:30pm PCT) per week
- A working computer that can run latest Chrome software (Mac or PC)