Community Support Associate
Khan Academy via Jobspresso
US or Canada
Jun 9th 2018
Khan Academy is looking for a passionate Community Support Associate to help change education – join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
As Community Support Associate, you'll be Khan Academy's strongest link between our organization, and our amazing learner communities – including the dedicated volunteers who support them. You'll manage and grow our current volunteer programs, ensure that learners around the world have the help they need to use Khan Academy effectively, and advocate for learner needs internally. This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced community support leader to have an impact on global educational access while working with what legitimately might be the most supportive community on the internet.
- One of the biggest parts of this role is being the primary point of contact for our learner support channels, working under our Community Support Manager. You'll ensure our support processes are working effectively, conduct training and quality audits for our externally-based support team, handle any escalated issues, and file new bugs as necessary. You'll constantly look for ways we can improve our team processes and service to the community.
- You'll also be the point person for our existing online learner communities, and help brainstorm ways they can be expanded and improved. This includes managing our amazing volunteer programs, as well as communicating regularly with users in the community directly.
- In addition, you'll also be responsible for keeping relevant Help Center content up-to-date and making sure new help resources are added as necessary.
- As the employee who works most closely with these user cohorts, you'll be an essential voice of these users throughout the company. You'll work across the company with many different teams and individual leaders to ensure that we're keeping user needs front of mind.
- You'll also compile and send out periodic reports to ensure that the company at large is kept updated about relevant trends and community sentiment.
- As you work through our community support processes, you'll be able to see where we could be doing better. You'll work with our existing community support team to design and implement improvements on a continual basis.
- 2 – 4+ years professional experience in community management and/or customer support, preferably in a leadership role. You keep updated on the latest industry best practices and know how to problem-solve your way out of the thorniest online conflicts.
- Experience working directly with product teams at a tech company
- Excellent written communication, which you can adapt to a variety of online audiences
- Comfort working both autonomously and within a defined structure. This role will have many opportunities for you to leave your personal mark on it, and someone excited about working without a lot of restrictions will be able to have a big impact.
- Ability to own a problem or goal, identify the path to success, and execute on it. You're able to manage a number of projects and responsibilities within the timeline you've set for yourself.
- A passion for online communities, educational access, and volunteer programs
- Strong fluency in memes, internet trends, gifs, and/or dad jokes
Nice to have
- Experience directly managing a team of (internal or external) support agents, including reporting on support metrics
- Experience building and running moderator, ambassador, or other online community leadership programs
- Active Khan Academy user – we're talking 50,000+ energy points and sun badges galore
- Prior experience working or volunteering in education environments, whether in the classroom, edtech, or elsewhere
- Project/product management experience
- Proficiency with Zendesk, Slack, Jira, and/or other user support tools
- Understanding of standard business analytics
- Experience working with younger users
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant – we treat new hires more like co-founders
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
- Sal's TED talk from 2011
- Sal's TED talk from 2015
- Our engineering principles
- Our career development guide for engineers
- KA Engineering blog
- You Can Learn Anything: https://www.khanacademy.org/youcanlearnanything
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.