Community & Developer Advocate
npm via Jobspresso
Sep 25th 2018
Our challenges extend beyond simply writing code or engineering software. We need you to help us grow our software, grow our users as engineers and help turn our users into contributors.
What You'll Do
- Your job will be to grow the community by making it easier to join and faster to get productive.
- You'll also get feedback from users and synthesize it into bug reports, feature requests, and strategic direction to make our software and services better.
- Your responsibilities will be varied and may include writing documentation, giving talks, building prototypes, or leading user discussions both online and in person.
To achieve all this,
- you'll be collaborating with teammates who are focused on software engineering as well as marketing, product management, and sales.
- You will need to communicate clearly, write authoritatively, and speak publicly about your and your team's work.
What We Value
Our Code of Conduct
Why You Should Join
In joining the npm team, you'll become an important part of a small but dedicated engineering team. We strive to provide a sensible working environment that doesn't ask for or encourage habitual overtime and we offer flexibility in schedule. We have a progressive parental leave policy and vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated and enforced. We also understand that healthy schedules lead to better outcomes. To help ensure this balance we have contracted support night coverage so we don't interrupt anyone's sleep.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
Where We Can Hire
Our headquarters are in Oakland, California. We are hiring humans from around the globe. We can best support you if you can overlap with US time zones. If you have experience working remotely, so do we. We cannot currently sponsor new work visas other than TN-1s, but we can transfer existing H-1Bs.