InVision via Jobspresso
Jun 3rd 2018
InVision is the Digital Product Design platform used to make the world's best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development.
Today, more than 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
InVision is a fully distributed company with employees in 25 countries around the world. The company has raised more than $235 million in funding from leading investors including Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
We are looking for someone to join the fast-growing communications team at InVision. The Communications Specialist role is a great opportunity for someone with a solid foundation of experience working in public relations/communications to put their knowledge to use while continuing to expand their skill set. InVision's marketing team is extremely fast-paced and juggles multiple priorities at once, so the ideal candidate will have in-house or agency experience working with start-ups and will thrive in an environment where no two days are the same. This role will report to the Director of Communications.
Please do not apply for this role if you don't have previous experience in public relations.
- Work with the Director of Communications to manage InVision's PR agencies in the US and EMEA
- Supplement our existing media relations efforts through proactive pitching and pitching of InVision's news announcements
- Draft press releases and other PR-related content
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to support InVision's news pipeline
- Brainstorm new PR storylines to help advance the frequency and breadth of InVision's presence in the media
- Work with InVision's customer marketing manager to identify compelling customer stories, create narratives around them and work with our agency to pitch them to the media
- Monitor InVision's media coverage, produce regular reports and work with the Director of Communications to set quarterly goals
- Oversee speaking program for internal spokespeople and InVision customers
- 3-4 years of experience working in-house or at an agency, ideally with a start-up or technology company
- A love of media relations and existing reporter relationships
- Excellent writing skills and experience creating a variety of different PR content including pitches, speaking abstracts and blog posts
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with partners and customers and managing product launches
BENEFITS & PERKS
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have team members throughout 40+ states including New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.