Cloud Platforms Engineer
Keller Williams Realty International via We Work Remotely
Jul 24th 2018
Headquarters: Austin, Texas
What you'll be called: Cloud Platforms Engineer
Where will you work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named Happiest Company to Work for in 2018; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and winner of the prestigious Training 125 award from Training Magazine in 2017, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) fosters a creative and collaborative culture where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal.
With more than 180K agents worldwide, Keller Williams Technology Group is the foremost provider of real-estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry. We're hiring a Cloud Platforms Engineer to join our passionate and experienced team focused on converting agent challenges into opportunities in the areas of: relationship management, collaboration, transaction management, education, and consumer engagement. All in support of enabling agents to drive greater intimacy in the relationships they have with their customers and enabling consumers to chart their own customer journey.
Who we're looking for:
Keller William's cloud operations team is dedicated to managing the KWRI services with a focus on automation, CICD, and building in-house tooling to glue it all together. We cover a fair amount of the typical “devops” spectrum. There are two types of team member we're focused on finding right now. The first is internal tooling developers with an operations interest but a strong development skill-set and the second is cloud platforms engineers capable of designing, implementing, and maintaining our infrastructure which is built on a foundation of Terraform and Kubernetes.
As a Cloud Platforms Engineer on the Cloud Services team, you will be a big part of building and improving our CICD pipeline for end-to-end deployments, helping developer with integrating their applications into our Kubernetes clusters, and maintaining a clean infrastructure-as-code approach to managing every aspect of our infrastructure. You will be able to help guide improvements for the services we support, assist with architecture design, and ensure products are integrated properly and help us define SLOs for customer facing services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Development teams to assist with integrating new products into our infrastructure.
- Architect, design and deploy new infrastructure services with a focus on high availability, stability, and repeatability.
- Assess design and performance of existing products.
- Deliver sane code via terraform HCL, helmsman, and other languages as needed to maintain our mandate of infrastructure as code.
- Participate in brief daily standups where we walk the board Kanban style to keep our projects moving smoothly.
- Bachelor's degree, or relevant work demonstrating desired skill set, in Computer Science.
- 3+ years experience in software development.
- Demonstrably strong linux administrative skills.
- Cloud experience, preferably GCP or AWS.
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, SOA, Distributed Systems, or Microservices
- Understanding of PostgreSQL and relational databases in general.
- A deep knowledge of either Terraform or Kubernetes to start, ideally both.
- Deep knowledge of a language. Ideally Python, Go, Ruby, or JS.
- Docker and Kubernetes management experience preferred.
- Solid communication skills to coordinate between teams.
- Capable of staying focused and effective in a remote team environment.
- You enjoy a highly collaborative environment and are eager to present new ideas and solutions.
- No problems asking for help or clarifications. We're a team that works together.