Cloud DevOps and Infrastructure Engineer
NymCard via Stack Overflow
Jun 30th 2018
As a Cloud DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer you will configure and deploy the NymCard Cloud native infrastructure consisting of access management, network architecture, application security, logging, monitoring and more.
You will consult with customers on how to best design the solution whether on Cloud or On-Prem for optimal customization, security, scaling, load balancer setup, caching, compute optimizations, continuous integration and delivery pipeline, and more.
Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to build and constantly drive excellence in our products.
In this role you are the NymCard Engineer working with our most strategic customers. Together with the team you will support customer implementation of NymCard products through: architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and much more.
As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of payments of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Infrastructure and DevOps challenges.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively via video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience maintaining internet facing production-grade applications in virtualized environments such as cloud computing platforms and services.
- Experience writing scripts in one or more languages such as Python, Go and/or similar.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical consultant or advisor, or equivalent client-facing engineering or technical consulting experience.
- Experience working with scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms).
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins).
- Understanding of open source server software (such as NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management.