Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Gaggle.Net via Stack Overflow
Sep 5th 2018
Join the Gaggle team and help make a difference in the lives of K-12 students throughout the United States! Gaggle has a long track record of success in schools and has been growing profitably at more than 20% each year. We're a group of about 80 dedicated people creating superior technology to assist schools in preventing bullying, school violence and self-harm such as cutting and suicide. The work is unequivocally worthwhile - we've saved over 580 student lives this year alone.
We're looking for someone with a thirst for both excellence and purpose – someone who works well remotely, is motivating to a team of highly skilled individuals and who wants to stay with an established company for 5+ years. Our top candidate will have experience leading a technology team that has adapted to increasing YOY company growth (both financial and headcount).
As the CTO, not only will you be responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the company, but you'll be helping to lead an organization that offers what other tech start-ups or IT roles cannot: a remote, flexible work environment, a stable job in what is otherwise a constantly changing field as well as a chance to make a real difference in the lives of millions of students across the country. Not only that, but you're leading a fantastic team of twenty USA-based tenured, talented and dedicated individuals (such as System Administrators, Java Developers and Machine Learning Engineers, to name a few) who want to see Gaggle succeed and are invested in your leadership.
Baseline CTO Requirements:
- In collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer, the CTO leads all aspects of Gaggle's technological development
- Highly proficient in the technology we use: Java, JetBrains, mySQ, Atlassian Tool (Jira & Confluence), Slack, Tableau and Amazon Web Services
- Acts as a leader: the CTO actively communicates, inspires, values and motivates all levels of staff as well as thinking and acting both strategically, collaboratively and proactively
- Possesses strong writing and presentation skills
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads as an advisor of technologies that may improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Provides leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports Gaggle's culture, mission and values
- Conducts research and case studies on leading-edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation
- Acts as a good steward of Gaggle's resources and ensures control of IT departmental budgets
- BS in related field and at least 15 years' experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 10 years management and strategic experience in this field; alternatively, MBA/MS in related field with 10 years' experience, 7 of which must be managerial and strategic
If our mission resonates and you feel you are qualified for this role, we'd love to hear from you! Although this position will be open until filled, priority will be given to applicants who submit their resumes and cover letters by 9/3/18.
Please note: although this is a remote role, the successful candidate must reside in and be authorized to work in the United States.