Business Analyst / Scrum Master - (Remote)
OutMatch via Stack Overflow
Aug 2nd 2018
How does it feel to be a valued contributor in a highly collaborative team of elite technical talent? Join us and find out! At OutMatch culture is not something we “create”, it's something that we attract by finding people that want the same things in life. It's the character of each individual that defines us. It's our values and motivations that bind us. It's something that each member of our team has the privilege and the responsibility to help define and nurture. Collaboration is the foundation of our company, and we're looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. When you work with us you will join a fast paced team that has maintained a highly effective startup culture. We value passion, delivery of high quality software and the drive to continuously learn and improve. If you think you have what it takes WE WANT YOU!!! At OutMatch you will elicit requirements, run JAD sessions, help with defining and refining functionality, give form and shape to web-based software applications and coordinate successful project delivery. You will become the trusted adviser to various lines of business as you work with cross-functional teams (local and global) to correctly interpret, validate and implement required functionality. More than just requirements analysis, you will carry responsibilities for project scheduling and project delivery with a world-class engineering team! Things you will do as part of our team:
- Communicate, Analyze, Document, Communicate, Organize, Facilitate, Schedule, Collaborate and did we mention Communicate?
- Interview business teams and key stakeholders, to gather / clarify requirement and define product functionality, using techniques like Business Processing Modelling and Gap Analysis
- Lead co-located, remote & offshore project teams through the full project lifecycle in a fast-paced agile environment – this includes solution analysis, work breakdown process, dependency identification, project schedule, release coordination and project transition to support.
- Query (using SQL) various databases to analyze historic and current transactional data and meta-data for research and solution design.
- Manage & groom the work backlog for the team while ensuring business and system requirements are met.
- Assist business users, end-users and clients with User Acceptance Tests and Beta testing prior to product launches.
- Produce timely and relevant documentation including User stories, Mockups, Decisions & Clarifications, User guides, Support transition guides, Project status, Meeting notes etc.
- Use different formats of documentation to fit needs of remote teams (UML, Visio, PowerPoint, Confluence widgets, Word, Excel, whatever it takes)
- Negotiate, persuade, influence as needed with the objective of delivering high quality products.
Most importantly, you will contribute to and cultivate a culture of collaboration, contribution, and fun!
What will an ideal candidate will bring to this opportunity?
- 6-8 years' current experience as a Business Analyst & Scrum Master or Project Manager in an Agile environment
- Preferably some prior experience as a QA analyst or Software tester
- Expertise with SQL, MS Excel, MS Project and Jira/ Confluence
- Experience with Visio, Balsamiq or similar tools for creating mockups, process flow diagrams and UML
- Strong Project Management skills in terms of prioritizing work, identifying dependencies and blockers to progress, monitoring progress and Communicating project status and escalations
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills combined with the ability to facilitate meetings and lead group discussions for navigating complex solutions
- Good organizational skills, including prioritization across multiple commitments and time management
- Familiarity with XML, HTML and Microsoft technology-based software applications
- Familiarity or experience in the Personality Assessments or HR (Hiring and Recruiting) technology domain
- You should be a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment where finding answers can require iterations of the questioning, and project schedules need to adapt to an evolving platform.
- Bachelor's degree in any related field.
- PMI or CSM certification preferred but not required
Additionally, while working as part of a broad team of IT professionals you will have the opportunity for self-improvement and skill growth through collaboration, mentoring, and training. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. You are going to love our benefits! Our salaries are competitive and grow to match your development and contribution.
OutMatch employees receive:
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual bonuses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- 100% company paid (for employee only) medical, dental, vision, long term disability and life insurances. Need to cover dependents? We'll help!
- Progressive time off policy
- Employee Stock Option program
- Annual anniversary gifts
- Relaxation room with pool, shuffleboard and craft beer
- Fitness Center membership