Blockchain Systems Research Engineer
Innovation Research Labs via Stack Overflow
Feb 15th 2019
The nature of work is changing: how we work, where we work and the value of our work. Our aim is to promote the adoption of democratic governance in highly participatory organizations as an alternative to current day corporations by leveraging distributed technologies such as secure multiparty computation, blockchain and byzantine fault tolerant algorithms. Through our research we uncover knowledge and develop tools and methodologies that assist in implementing democratic governance in both commercial and not-for-profit organizations of all sizes.
We are building an organization that is more akin to an ecosystem than a corporation, that addresses these problems with human-centric solutions that are open source and efficient systems for human cooperation. We imagine a world where human-meaningful ways of organizing become the norm. Organizations that elevate—in which their members find purpose, move towards greater harmony with their environment, community and experience safety to operate and innovate. We look for strong values driven people that share our vision.
- Distributed technologies such as blockchain, sMPC and BFT algorithms
- Decentralized application design and implementation
- Consensus Methods
- Mechanism Design
- Incentive structures and Game theory
We are looking for a full time Blockchain Systems Research Engineer to join us, a diverse group of people with strong values. You will be on the forefront of the rapidly advancing cryptocurrency ecosystem, building next-generation blockchain technology that only recently has become possible to develop. Designing the blockchain product solution architecture combining software and systems engineering to build and run scalable, highly distributed, fault-tolerant systems. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. As such you are responsible for defining your research goals within the context of our larger common goals. Your direction outside of the technical sphere plays an important role, understanding how technology can impact the social, psychological, economic and governance aspects from a human perspective.
You will operate in a highly participatory democratic organization. We constantly work with many unknowns and you get a sense of purpose from applying your domain knowledge to ambiguous and novel situations. You can operate well in an open source environment and you have a good intuition for good research and how to turn that into successful products.
We are strongly values driven. We believe that this provides the structure to scale our organization, innovate our technology and attract top talent as we strive to change the world towards a better future. These values apply to how we work and the philosophy of the solutions we create.
- More than five years of professional experience in engineering with a demonstrated track record of technical innovation and leading successful engineering teams
- Experience developing distributed applications
- Knowledge of Distributed Ledger Technologies space with deep expertise in certain areas such as Ethereum/Quorum, Hyperledger frameworks, Interledger Protocols
- Experience building custom blockchains
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Experience providing guidance and leadership to technical teams
- Values driven and intrinsically motivated towards our goal of data sovereignty
- Comfortable collaborating with geographically dispersed teams
- Strong drive to solve problems that drive change based on engineering excellence
- Stay ahead of the technology curve, in tune with relevant research, trends and the competitive landscape
- Participation in various blockchain development communities and contribute to the source code is preferred
- Any experience building real world blockchain systems
- Protocols, smart contracts, token design, ICO experience a plus