Backend Developer (for our ROIBACK business)
The Hotelbeds Group via Stack Overflow
Jul 5th 2018
How can you help us?
We are seeking for top programmers and software architects to be part of our technology team.
As a software developer:
• As part of our booking engine team, implementing user stories with high business value using good techniques and practices.
• Helping the Product Ower in clarifying, prioritizing and estimating the user stories.
• Designing technical solutions and developing clear, testesable and efficient code, performing peer reviews with your collegueas.
• Ensuring continuous integration and build is in place.
• Collaborating with architects and other developers to produce just enough design and just enough technical documentation.
• Writing technical user stories for refactoring the existing code or implementing new technical features.
As a software architect:
• Doing some up front architecture envisioning to get started the developments in the right direction, collaboratively working with the team.
• Facilitating the architectural modeling and evolution efforts of our technological platform.
• Understanding of the business domain and communicating the architecture to developers and to other project stakeholders.
• Practising code review, pair programming and other agile techniques to improve the development team programming skills.
• Transitioning architectural skills to other team members
What can we offer you?
• To participate in very challenging projects with the top hotel chains from Europe, Asia and America, from the idea to the delivery.
• To work in a Company that invests (really invests) in technology.
• To be part of an Agile culture to obtain the best results in software development and to become a high-performance team, in a really happy environment.
• Work together with extremely passionate programmers, and being part of a top programmer community.
• To be part of a team-making decisions, to determine the technical roadmap of our platforms.
• To lead both business and technical projects from end-to-end.
• To live in the best city of the World
• It is a must to hold a University degree in Engineering or Computing Sciences, or having completed at least 80%.
• If you know Python or Go ... excellent! But what we are really looking for is a top programmer who loves technology and software development, and ready to learn any programming language that could be required.
• Good programming best-practices, such continuous integration, unit testing generation, code repositories, log management, code comments and documentation ...
• You will need to meet with the business to understand the needs and to translate them into code.
• You will be part of an agile team, so, what is really important in Roiback is the team success, not the individual success.
• It is not a must to have a lot of experience. For us, what is really important is the potential and attitude you have to become a great programmer