Back-End Software Engineer
Ad Hoc via Jobspresso
Anywhere in US
Sep 11th 2018
At Ad Hoc we build government digital services that are fast, efficient, and usable by everyone.
Ad Hoc brings small teams of highly skilled professionals from the private sector to build government software right the first time.
Solving government technology problems is about attacking big problems with design, engineering, and compassion. We're committed to continually improving what we build and staying focused on user needs for the long haul.
As part of our team, you will work with a small team of designers and engineers to design, develop, and deliver web-based applications and services. You'll work in collaboration with our government partners to better understand and translate policy and business requirements into features, user stories, automated tests, and working code. Your work will impact the lives of millions of Americans.
Back-end software engineer
We're looking for a driven and organized Back-end Engineer to help deliver digital services for the American people. As an Ad Hoc Back-end Engineer, you will:
- Use Go, Node.js, Ruby, or other programming languages to build scalable back-end services that gracefully integrate with legacy systems
- Build APIs that support both the digital services we deliver as well as third-party usage
- Use unit and integration testing to ensure systems meet business needs
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
- 2+ years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship.
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
- Must pass background check and provide references.
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, and RDS
Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively – we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance