X-Mode Social via Stack Overflow
Aug 2nd 2018
X-Mode builds products around people that solve real-world problems and empower people to make the right choices.X-Mode is looking for a full-time Android developer to develop new social, location-based apps, build out our open source SDK, and help other app publisher partners integrate our X-Mode SDK successfully. For this position, you can either work remotely OR in our Sterling, VA Headquarters.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with our Lead Android Engineer to provide technical design and delivery of new social and location-based mobile applications
- Maintain and optimize SDK performance (especially related to battery life, memory, and cell data consumption)
- Troubleshoot issues with partners integrating the X-Mode SDK into their Android apps
- Interface with back-end services
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams to understand needs for new apps and build to their requirements.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 5+ years of experience with Java
- 4+ years of experience working as an Android Engineer
- At least 1 year of Back-End experience (We use AWS, Spark, Scala)
- Programming experience with Kotlin
- Published and supported 1-2 apps in the Google Play Store
- Experience working with XML and UX designers to hone features and applications
- Experience with Google's Firebase
- Familiar with Python
- Familiar with distributing a beta app through Crashlytics or Google Play Developer Console
- Responsible, organized and hard working with excellent communication skills
- BONUS: Providing client-facing technical support in the past
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 20 Days of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Lunch provided 2x a week
- Snacks, snacks, snacks!
- Casual dress code
- Free Parking on-site
Our technical staff is scattered across the U.S, so you'll need to be comfortable working remotely. We often use Phone, Google Hangouts and UberConference to coordinate, as well as Atlassian, JIRA, Confluence for tasking, and bitbucket for source control.
We work in short sprints (Agile methodology), and we'll count on you to provide estimates for tasks to be completed and delivered.We're looking to hire someone to start right away! Think you've got what it takes? Apply below!