Back End Engineer
Mattermost via Jobspresso
Sep 27th 2018
As a core committer at Mattermost you are responsible for one of the world's largest and most popular open source projects. Your work impacts thousands of organizations who depend on Mattermost for daily operations, from high tech (Intel, Samsung, Micron), to healthcare (Medtronic, Epic, Bristol-Myers Squibb) to public sector (U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Energy), to education (University of California, National University of Singapore), and consumer brands (Urban Outfitters, Wargaming.net). Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning 7 time zones. More on us at www.mattermost.com.
Working in open source means your work is publicly visible. Your code will receive both credit and constructive critique from the community. With the right mindset and support these can lead to you a highly positive working environment and making the best engineering decisions of your career.
Core committers include highly skilled volunteer developers from the community, staff employed by enterprises deploying and investing in Mattermost, as well as staff employed by Mattermost, Inc.
Read about our end-to-end recruiting process for core committers at: https://docs.mattermost.com/process/developer.html
We seek an outstanding backend engineer.
Note: Due to the volume of applications received, we can only respond to the most qualified applicants. Thank you for your understanding.
– Be an end-to-end owner of our backend architecture
– Work collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver quality software
– Design, enhance and build out new products and features
– Maintain and optimize scalability, performance and quality
– Support operations with deployments, debugging production issues and tuning applications
– Evaluate and recommend new technologies and tools to solve emergent challenges
– Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
– Effectively work while remote, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members
Qualifications and Experience
– BS in Computer Science (or related fields)
– Strong coding skills in programming languages within our stack: Golang MySQL, Postgres, Nginx, Amazon AWS
– Experience in writing high performance production quality code
– Exposure to key technologies utilizing our stack is always a plus
– General tools/skills: Github, Jira, Jenkins
– Experience working in open source communities