Back End and Full Stack Engineers for Big Data and Business Applications
Xponential Works via Stack Overflow
Los Angeles, CA
Jun 3rd 2018
Xponential Works is seeking candidates who are excited about building a petabyte scale data warehouse from the ground up using cutting edge, open source technologies, hosted on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) leveraging Docker, Kubernetes, and App Engine. Our developers and engineers work together to design, implement, and continuously deploy features; continually look for the next problem to solve; and seek to constantly improve existing systems. The platform you will build will be used to enable Internet of Things architectures, which seek to connect everyday objects to the internet, as well as to monitor and improve business operations for new products. We are seeking to fill Back End Software Engineer positions as well as Full Stack Developer positions in our newly renovated Ventura office.
Xponential Works houses several startups side by side, in an open office environment. You will have the opportunity to interact with driven, innovative developers working to push emerging products and processes to the market.
As a Back End Software Engineer, you will be implementing the Extract Load Transform pipeline, architecting the non-relational data store, and generally making data available for front end use by queries and requests from external systems.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be building the components of our system that securely connect the front end interface with the and back end processing, improving system performance, assisting with data acquisition, and collaborating with teammates to drive modularization and stability across the entire architecture.
Xponential Works houses several startups side by side, in an open office environment. You will have the opportunity to interact with driven, innovative developers working to push emerging products and processes to the market. As part of this technical venture company, you will collaborate with a small (4-6 person) development team to design and build a non-relational data warehouse. Responsibilities include developing new features, improving existing features, testing, fixing bugs, and juggling hats.
Skills & Requirements
We are seeking applications from strong developers of all backgrounds and orientations but, due to the nature of our work, applicants must be US citizens
- Ability to focus on customer-driven requirements and customer satisfaction
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities in an Agile environment
- Desire to conquer ever changing problems and products in a start-up atmosphere
- Passion for automation and testing as a part of development
- Active curiosity and interest in continually learning new technologies and improving existing skills
- Minimal travel possible but not anticipated
- 3+ years experience designing and delivering production-quality code for backend systems
- Working knowledge of multiple programming languages: GO, Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Experience with AWS and Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, Hadoop, SQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Knowledge of data engineering
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
Relocation assistance is not available.
Must be eligible to work in the US; sponsorship not available.