Applications Engineer, PSaaS
Auth0 via Stack Overflow
Sep 7th 2018
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 1.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
Many of our largest customers rely on the Auth0 Private SaaS Appliance to deliver a dedicated, isolated environment to build identity solutions in their products. This team is responsible for building the tools, processes and services required to deliver and maintain the Auth0 platform as a virtual appliance capable of running in a customer or an Auth0 managed infrastructure. We are growing the team and are looking for an Applications Engineer to help us design and build an amazing appliance. You would be a great fit for the team if you enjoy working on challenging problems and care deeply about the product's end user experience. Not only are we looking for a talented engineer we are looking for someone who will contribute to our culture.
The team responsibilities: The team has two main responsibilities. First, we aim to deliver world-class services and tools that make it simple and enjoyable to manage and maintain the appliance. Second, we ensure all the features available to our customers in the cloud offering are available to our appliance customers. We care deeply about the experience our customers have when managing and maintaining the appliance as well as ensuring the quality of the Auth0 service being delivered.
As an Applications Engineer you will play a critical role in helping the team achieve our goals by focusing on:
- Improving PSaaS Maintenance Support - designing and implementing services and tools to support Auth0 Private SaaS installations.
- Auth0's Public Cloud Feature Parity - working with other Auth0 teams to deliver and customize product features to be packaged with the appliance.
- Development Tools - build tools to help our team implement new appliance features, but also simplify the development experience for other teams to use the appliance to test and verify their product features operate on the appliance.
As an Applications Engineer you will be:
- Designing and implementing tooling (web applications, APIs, etc) to improve experience of managing and maintaining the appliance.
- Working with other engineering teams to ensure product features function on the appliance. This may require working with other teams to re-implementing features or pieces of features to be compatible with the appliance runtime.
- Designing and implementing tools to improve the developer experience with working on the appliance.
You'd be a good fit if you:
- Have a thorough understanding of security principles and concerns.
- Have experiences with building software and services, with distributed systems complexities and their challenges.
- Have an understanding of the web platform.
- Are passionate about building systems that are highly reliable, secure, maintainable and scalable.
- Are customer focused.
- Enjoy defining and implementing APIs (e.g. REST, RPC, etc).
- Enjoy working on a highly collaborative, dynamic and remote team.
Also useful if you:
- Are familiar with Node.js, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, and PostgreSQL.
- Have knowledge of networking and infrastructure.
- Are familiar with web or systems development.
- Have experience running applications in containers (e.g. Docker).
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.