X-Mode Social via Stack Overflow
Jul 3rd 2018
X-Mode provides real-time location data and technologies that power location intelligence for advertising and business decisions in financial services, healthcare, high-tech, real-estate, retail, and the public sector. X-Mode's flagship product is a fast-growing big data location platform, which maps daily the precise routes of 10% of the U.S. Population and maps monthly 1 in 3 adult U.S. smartphone users. X-Mode strives to produce and monetize the world's largest location platform and ultimately create a global “living map” of 1 billion people with the highest quality location data in order to fuel the best location intelligence business solutions.
X-Mode is looking for a full time Android developer to develop new social, location-based apps, build out our open source SDK, and help other app publisher partners integrate our X-Mode SDK successfully. For this position, you can either work remotely OR in our Sterling, VA Headquarters.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with our Lead Android Engineer to provide technical design and delivery of new social and location-based mobile applications
- Maintain and optimize SDK performance (especially related to battery life, memory, and cell data consumption)
- Troubleshoot issues with partners integrating the X-Mode SDK into their Android apps
- Interface with back-end services
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams to understand needs for new apps and build to their requirements.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 5+ years of experience with Java
- 4+ years of experience working as an Android Engineer
- At least 1 year of Back-End experience (We use AWS, Spark, Scala)
- Programming experience with Kotlin
- Published and supported 1-2 apps in the Google Play Store
- Experience working with XML and UX designers to hone features and applications
- Experience with Google's Firebase
- Familiar with Python
- Familiar with distributing a beta app through Crashlytics or Google Play Developer Console
- Responsible, organized and hard working with excellent communication skills
- BONUS: Providing client-facing technical support in the past
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 20 Days of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Lunch provided 2x a week
- Snacks, snacks, snacks!
- Casual dress code
- Free Parking on-site
Our technical staff is scattered across the U.S, so you'll need to be comfortable working remotely. We often use Phone, Google Hangouts and UberConference to coordinate, as well as Atlassian, JIRA, Confluence for tasking, and bitbucket for source control.
We work in short sprints (Agile methodology), and we'll count on you to provide estimates for tasks to be completed and delivered.We're looking to hire someone to start right away! Think you've got what it takes?