Thunderhead via Stack Overflow
Feb 22nd 2019
Who are we?
Since our launch in 2004, Thunderhead has become a recognized global leader in the customer engagement market (The Forrester WaveTM Journey Orchestration and Visioning Platforms Q4 2018, https://www.thunderhead.com/news/thunderhead-named-a-leader-in-forrester-wave). With our cloud-based, intuitive ONE Engagement Hub, Thunderhead helps businesses understand their customer's true intent and enables orchestration of individualized journeys for every customer across web, mobile, in-store and contact center touchpoints', seamlessly and in real-time, billions of human moments and millions of individual journeys.
Who are you?
- You are a strong Android developer, analytical thinker and problem solver
- You are committed to success and do whatever it takes to deliver your task on time with high quality
- You construct elegant, maintainable, application software
- You are self-motived to test and retest until what you are about to deliver is as close to perfect as you can possibly make it
- You are passionate about your craft and have explored various Android libraries and frameworks, working with some professionally, keeping an eye on others, and comparing all so that you are aware of the differing solutions they can provide
- You are comfortable discussing requirements with the product management team, throwing your own ideas into the mix
- You like working in an Agile (Scrum) development environment and take responsibility for getting things done in a reasonable time frame
- You have the ability to get work done efficiently and with minimal initial guidance
- You are a personable team player, we interact and collaborate at all times, under all sorts of circumstances and we will expect you to do the same
As an Android Engineer, you will work hands-on within the Thunderhead development team focusing on development and delivery of the mobile SDK solutions while requiring participation in architecture and analysis activities. This role requires an engineer with at least three years' experience, and very strong technical skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, develop and test, elegant, high quality software
- Maintain and refactor existing code by analyzing and identifying areas for modification/improvement
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement, appropriate analytical functions to help create more accurate user/customer profiles
- Research and investigate new technologies and evangelize about them to enhance the team's depth of knowledge and increase Thunderhead's competitive advantage
- Be actively involved in the creation of automated tests for new/existing code
- Enhance Thunderhead's product offerings by identifying and fixing bugs and software deficiencies
- Ensure that new software conforms to the agreed upon definition of done
- Enable testing by ensuring sufficient knowledge transfer to the QA team
- Liaise with Customer Success and Support teams to identify and resolve implementation, performance and support issues
- Think laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the requirements of the project
- Utilize open source projects for solving complex problems
- 3+ years of experience with Android (Java)
- Significant understanding of Android app lifecycle and how view hierarchies work
- Significant experience writing JUnit and integration tests
- Significant hands-on experience with Gradle
- Hands-on development experience in writing Espresso tests
- Experience in working with AspectJ
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with REST/JSON integrations
- Experience with Kotlin
- Some experience with Firebase push notifications
- Some experience with Android Architecture Components, AndroidX and Jetifier
- Familiarity with SQLite database and local storage
- Experience in writing a Gradle plugin
- Knowledge of Cordova, React Native, iOS etc.
What's the Deal?
We will provide you with a series of challenging issues together with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of succeeding.
To reward you for your hard work, we'll provide you with a competitive salary, including an annual bonus. We are open for you to work remotely or based in our collaborative and vibrant Manchester, NH office. We also recognize that our colleagues deserve to be looked after outside the office, as well as on the job. In addition to joining a dynamic, friendly team, we provide a range of benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401k plan, and various company sponsored social outings.
As a rapidly growing company, we offer plenty of opportunities for career development - the majority of people in senior positions within the engineering department have been promoted internally.
So, if we interest you, please let us know by applying for this position and tell us all about yourself.
This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
To learn more about Thunderhead visit: