Aug 30th 2018
Headquarters: Austin, TX
Waldo Photos is a photo finding platform utilizing facial and object recognition to empower consumers to toss their selfie sticks, put their phones back in their pockets and live in the moment. Waldo is the only platform that removes all of the friction in getting photos of you taken by others and creates new opportunities for photographers to market and sell their photos. Users can enjoy life's most precious events and automatically receive images taken of them right on their phones.
We're looking for an independent problem-solver who values learning, keeps current on technology trends, and enjoys the ownership and accountability that is expected from early-stage team members. The ideal candidate:
- Will take complete ownership of our Android app written with Java and Kotlin
- Will understand how great UX contributes to customer acquisition and retention.
- Will learn whatever is necessary to get the job done.
- Will want to expand skills and coding languages and will always look for ways to improve application efficiency.
- Will write clean, elegant, simple, testable code.
- Will be comfortable with git, pull requests, and code reviews.
- Will take pride in their work.
- Expert with Java and the Android SDK
- Built and shipped complex, high-performance, Java web-services.
- Ability to thrive in a small team, high autonomy environment.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience deploying with Docker and Fastlane
- Experience with data streaming frameworks like RabbitMQ
- Will want to work with others who do the same.
To apply: Apply at https://waldo-photos.workable.com/j/B55B6B842B