Amazon Web Services (AWS) Production Operations Engineer
WebRTC.ventures via Stack Overflow
Sep 27th 2018
The Operations Engineer will be responsible for supporting highly reliable, high performing and secure operations for n-tier SaaS applications, comprising both UI and data integration components and for provisioning and administering the R&D AWS environment. The person in this position will work closely with the Cloud Development team maintaining a “DevOps” culture. This position reports through R&D IT leadership, but will be a key contributor to Cloud Development and Product Support teams.
We are looking to add to our "engineering" team. "Engineering" for us is a truly jack-of-all-trades. Team members wear many hats. We don't like folks to say "I don't know how that works or how to fix it".
Having said that, we need a junior level person who have been working in day-to-day operations of AWS and using "glue" (e.g. scripts/scripting) to effect their goals. On the sysadmin aspect, this person needs to be proficient in Linux system administration. The goal is day-to-day operations / changes to our AWS automation (e.g. Ansible and Python).
- MACs (moves, adds, changes) to existing Ansible playbooks and libraries
- Work with development teams to effect MACs
- Maintain and troubleshoot an existing large AWS fleet of resources
- Maintain and troubleshoot AWS Linux, Fedora Linux and mainstream OSS technologies (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Apache, etc)
- Participate in engineering-on-call rotations for first responder and escalation tiers
- Participate with the engineering team or a cross function team for production incidents
Skills & Requirements
- Day-to-day working knowledge of these AWS resources
- AWS IAM
- AWS AMI/EC2/ELB/VPC
- AWS Route53
- AWS RDS (Aurora, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Proficiency in Linux system administration, to include:
- Fedora / AWS Linux (RHEL based or compatible)
- BASH / Python scripting
- Configuration/maintaining/debugging the most common Linux daemons (Apache, haproxy, sshd, iptables, etc)
- Debugging cloud based deployments