2d & 3d Graphics Software Developer
MapLarge via Stack Overflow
Aug 28th 2018
MapLarge is looking for talented graphics engineers to work on next-generation, ultra-realistic spatial visualization and real time analytics. Utilize cutting hybrid server and client side rendering techniques to combine real time streaming analytics with world class immersive 2d and 3d browser based data visualizations.
Graphics, Analytics and Interactive Visuals
As a computer graphics engineer, your role involves projecting elements of data into interactive high definition visuals in a real-time rendered environment based on dynamic user queryable data at massive scale across multiple visualization contexts including not only standard database primitives numeric and text patterns but also complex multivariate relationships like location, time and logical connections between objects. You will utilize the latest computer graphics and shading techniques to achieve unprecedented realism and interactivity. Apply to join our team of computer graphics and visual analytic developers who push the bleeding edge of data analytics and save some lives while doing it.
What We Do
The team at MapLarge builds cutting edge products for data analytics and visualization to make us safer, more productive, and more efficient. The Maplarge API provides real time geospatial analytics for over 15 billion location events per day and trillions of historical events. Analysts using our geospatial visualization capability can instantly visualize and publish for data discovery and model testing on any desktop, mobile or tablet device.
Who We Need
Cultural Fit - While we hire all kinds of people and invent roles to fit them, there are three key traits we require of every team member that really define our team.
- US Person based anywhere in the US (100% remote allowed but no off shore)
- 5 Years work experience as a programmer
- Highly Comfortable with C# and Visual Studio
- Experienced solving challenging optimization problems
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or related field
- Hands-on experience with the entire graphics pipeline, from pre-processing assets to pixel shading
- Client or Server Side GPU programming aptitude ranging from compute to pixel shaders
- Deep working knowledge of graphics optimization techniques
- Strong 3D math skills (linear algebra, matrix/vector math, trigonometry, etc)
- Signal processing know-how, and the ability to apply it to 3D "voxel" images
- Self-motivated interest in state-of-the-art computer graphics